The United States Association of Professional Investigators is a national organization representing the interests of all Professional Investigators.. Its mission is to provide the investigative profession and its members with resources, training, information, and leadership that will enable members to provide valuable services in the highest professional manner to the general public, as well as employers and clientele.
- Membership ID card
- Members Only " Training Jacket" access
- Free listing on the USAPI members only area
- USAPI sponsored regional seminars and conferences
- Numerous other membership benefits and the list will continually grow
- Full Member ($35): Any individual who is currently employed in the capacity of a professional investigator including any current active duty law enforcement whether or not you are titled as an Investigator, DA Investigator, Public Defender investigator or licensed Private Investigator. If you are a non-sworn employee for a law enforcement agency or an employee of a licensed Private Investigator you must be an employee for a period of no less than one year, and least 21-years of age. Proof of employment must be provided.
- Associate Member ($35): Any individual who is a least 21-years of age and not employed as a professional investigator but aspiring to enter the profession by seeking professional development and educational opportunities provided by the association. Proof of employment must be provided.
- Student Member ($25): Any individual who is currently enrolled in an accredited college or university. Current student status verification required.
- Agency/Corporate Member ($70): Any professional investigative agency, company, or department with 2 or more accepted candidates. There will be a 10% discount for any additional agency accepted members after agency is accepted.
- Service and Industry($250): A non-investigator professional or company that supports the mission of USAPI.
- Association Member: The “Association” membership is cost free and available to every local, state, national and international association that represents the interests of professional investigators. The individual active members of these associations will receive a 10% discount on the cost of the first year membership in USAPI, and the associations themselves will have the ability to benefit from profit-sharing based upon the exclusive attendance of their members at future USAPI conferences.
- Life Member ($10): Any individual who has reached age 65 and has been a member of USAPI for at least 2 consecutive years and who maintains their P.I. license or if a police officer, retires honorably or is retired honorably or medically retires honorably. (may pay $50 for 5 years, see drop down menu to choose)
- USAPI Affiliate Association Membership ($30): If you belong to any other association listed in our "Associations" page, your USAPI membership is just $30 a year, every year. No $10 registration fee. You may have to provide proof of your membership in that association.
- Meet membership category requirements listed above.
- Submit a photocopy of any state or business license, or proof of employment, or student status verification.
- Provide passport sized color head shot photographs or a digital .jpg head shot.
- $10 application fee and first year dues with application.
- Send all required enclosures to:
Please include a copy of current license or employment verification with this application.
Make checks payable to USAPI.
175 Hutton Ranch Rd Ste 103-165
Kalispell, Montana 59901